Sunday, July 1, 2012

Analogous with an Accent Leaf

THIS IS AN EIGHT INCH LEAF IN A FIELD OF                      12-1/2 INCH BACKGROUND. 


I took some patches cut from my 2-1/2 inch strips and made this 8 inch leaf from the analogous fabrics I choose in the previous post.   I added a small four patch of the accent fabrics.  I also found a small scrap of light brown fabric with the same magenta color in streaks.  I think it added a little spark to the leaf.  I am not entirely happy with my block pattern because it still does not line up very well. in some of the patches.  Little on the wonky side but I think I will get better in the future.  I am having a lot of fun figuring out this simple little block.  

I hand applique the stem.  I chose this technique not so much because I like hand applique as I needed to watch over my grandson and keep him out of mischief. 

I am still struggling with the sizes of these blocks it is not going to matter too much what size they come out as they will be floated in a background blocks with applique.  I do want to make future blocks to a consistent size as I think that is more efficient way to make blocks.  This is suppose to be a skill building quilt.  So I need to make improvements in my piecing.  This block took me about two hours to make but I had a lot of interruptions. 

Tomorrow I plan to make another block using left over patches and since I will be home alone I will time myself and see how long it takes to make one block.



Nonnie,


http://nonniequiltingdreams.wordpress.com/ Nonnie’s Blog

http://nonniesquiltingdreams.podbean.com/ Nonnie’s Quilting Dream Podcast
Pod cast link for Nonnie's Quilting Dreams

JOIN me at GOOD READS

email me at: nonniequiltingdreams@gmail.com

Nonnie's Flicker Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment